David - Edwins has been Saint Paul’s “women’s fashion leader” since 1942. “The corner store” at St. Peter at Sixth Street, Downtown St. Paul, became a popular shopping spot for fashion-minded women the first day the store opened its doors. The newest and most dramatic ladies designer fashions from New York City, San Francisco, and Europe, became the hallmark for the David-Edwins store. David Edwin Mutchler and his wife Bernice had a discerning eye for the “best of the best”, yet catered to every income level.
The always friendly and the “best of the best” continue on with the expertise of David’s son, Jack, and his wife Verna. Jack was “raised in the business”... and developed a keen eye for fashion
After fifty years in the downtown St. Paul location, and nearly forty years in Har Mar Mall, plus many other St. Paul suburban locations, the store has found a new permanent home. This wonderful St. Paul treasure can be found easily on Fourth Street in downtown White Bear Lake.